After being in Manila for a couple of days, we drove up to La Union, where my mom is from. One of my favorite things about being in the province is that it’s just absolutely beautiful. I live in the Midwest and it’s flatland everywhere I look, so being surrounded by mountains is a dream come true.
Second on my list of favorite things is Halo Halo de Iloko. What is halo halo, you ask? Halo halo is a popular Filipino dessert that consists of shaved ice, evaporated milk, and various sweet beans, jellies, and fruits. The topping combinations are endless and can contain anything from jackfruit and coconut to purple yam (ube) and leche flan. I like to describe halo halo as a poor man’s dessert. It’s basically throwing in whatever you got at the time and whatever you think would taste good. The possibilities are endless! One of the best places, if not the very best, to get halo halo is Halo Halo de Iloko in San Fernando City, La Union. They have everything from traditional halo halo to halo halo in a coconut to deep-fried halo halo! It’s a very popular destination that even celebrities stop by frequently to get their fill.
And, of course, I got deep fried halo halo. It was basically the ingredients, minus the shaved ice and evaporated milk, in a deep fried lil roll with a topping of ube ice cream! Absolutely to die for!
Uriel, on the other hand, wanted to get the full experience. Well.. I wanted him to get the full experience lol. So he got halo halo in a coconut! Which he devoured, by the way 😏
Make sure you check out my other posts on my trip to the Philippines!
I ❤️ Boracay, part 1 // I ❤️ Boracay, part 2 // Mall of Asia and Food Club
Thanks for reading everyone!
Find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
Golden hour selfies are my specialty 😏 This past Saturday, Uriel took me to Medievel Times as a birthday gift from his mom! Once I get all my technical difficulties figured out, I’ll be putting up a vlog and a post on that! So stay tuned ☺️ In the mean time, here are my makeup details:
MUFE Step 1 Equalizer Mattifying Base, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness, Too Face Born This Way foundation, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer, Josie Maran Creamy Concealer in Medium 2 (for cream contour), Besame Brightening Translucent Powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz, Urban Decay Naked Basics (for both eyebrows and eyeshadow), MUFE Pro Bronze Fusion, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, MAC Warm Soul mineralized blush, Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop and Opal, Eylure Definition Lashes, NYX lip liner (don’t remember the name 😁 but it was just a brick red liner) and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira 💋
I’ve had this liquid lipstick for a little while now, I picked it up around the same time that I picked up Lolita and I’ve been too busy being OBSESSED with Lolita. Literally. I wear it almost every single time I go out. So finally, I decided to go with a very basic subtle almost cut crease eye look so that I could showcase Vampira! This deep wine-red type of color was actually the first lipstick color I was drawn to when I first started wearing makeup. I always felt like it was more wearable for me and complimented my skin tone more than a bright red lip.
For more pictures of me doing the most, make sure you check out my Instagram!
Saturday, August 8th, is my 21st birthday. Wow. To say that I’m weirded out about it is an understatement lol. When I was 16, I thought this day would NEVER come. Yet here I am.. 21 years old in a couple of days. Soooo weird.
SO ANYWAY, here’s a list of lessons I’ve come across during my lengthy 21 years of life. They may not be anything new or amazing or poetically deep, but they’ve definitely been life changing. At least for me (obviously).
- It’s ok if you don’t look like everyone else.
- You don’t have to have your whole life figured out by the time you’re 18.
- Don’t think for a second that nobody loves you.
- Most of the cute boys in high school that pay no attention to you become sleazy after graduation.
- YOU NEED YOUR GIRL FRIENDS. None of that girls are too much drama bullshit. Some things dudes don’t get.
- Life never goes as planned.
- Being optimistic is actually really hard… but actually really worth it.
- Never burn any bridges. The more connections you have in general, the better.
- If there’s only one thing you can do, do your eyebrows.
- Dream big, but be realistic. You’re not gonna magically be successful in 3 days.
- People in your life will leave. No drama, no bad feelings.
- Nobody else is gonna make your life better for you. Only you have that power.
- Know who you are on your own. Don’t let being in a relationship define who you are. There’s more to yourself than that.
- The people you surround yourself with really does have an impact on your life.
- Friendship is a two way street. When there’s effort put in, there needs to be effort received.
- It’s exhausting to care so much about someone that doesn’t give a damn about you.
- 6 shots of tequila is most likely a very bad idea.
- “Just chuck it in the fuck it bucket and move on”.
- Say yes.
- Your body will look different at 20 than it did at 15. It’s alright. Do you boo boo.
- As long as you’re trying to be the very best person you could ever be, God loves you and he accepts you and he will always be there to guide the way. Don’t let ANYBODY tell you that your relationship with Him is fake just because you don’t live exactly word for word by the book. Your relationship is special and very real.
If you asked me 5 years ago where I’d be, it’s definitely not where I am right now. There’s so much in life I still have yet to do.. but I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished so far. I would be nothing without the love and support of my family and friends in everything I do. I love you guys and I swear I’ll make ya’ll proud of me.