I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! I dressed the dogs up as Yoda and Chewbacca from Star Wars, but unfortunately didn’t get to take them out around the neighborhood during trick or treating because of the weather 😕 (which, of course, was BEAUTIFUL the day after).
Uriel and I got invited to a party sorta last minute so after watched Alex Faction’s tutorial, I decided I wanted to try it out Uriel. It was pretty much my first time face painting and doing Halloween makeup and I definitely struggled with the cheap face paint and the drawing aspect (aka I suck), but I think I did a pretty good job! Since Uriel was a skeleton, I decided to do a half skull on my face to match! Not too bad, I’d say.
What did you dress up as for Halloween?
Hello everyone! Hope everyone’s had a lovely Monday. If not… Well take a deep breath because it’s over now and you’re one more day closer to the weekend lol.
I was recently nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Valerie of Avec Valerie (pssssst.. Check her blog out, she is awesome!) So shout out to her, thank you so much for thinking of me, it means a lot!
Let’s do this thing.
Link the blogger who took the time to nominate you. List seven random things about yourself. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers. Notify the blogger that you nominated their blog for the award.
7 Random Things About Myself:
- I started wearing false lashes my junior year of high school after using them during all star cheer competitions.
- I’m the only one in my immediate family born in the USA. Both of my parents and my older sister were born in the Philippines.
- I LOVE those little kid fruit pouches like Go-Go Squeezes. I eat one everyday lol.
- I met my boyfriend at the end of my junior year in high school and we didn’t even become friends until 2 years later.
Uriel and I’s first picture together lol. This was the day we met. I love showing this picture.
- I almost never go anywhere without looking up reviews. Yelp is my BFF.
- I understand Filipino (Tagalog), but I can’t speak it fluently.
- I only own one pair of jeans.
- Yvette and Joseph
(I cheated a little.. I only have 5 bloggers to nominate! But they’re goodies!)
Saturday, August 8th, is my 21st birthday. Wow. To say that I’m weirded out about it is an understatement lol. When I was 16, I thought this day would NEVER come. Yet here I am.. 21 years old in a couple of days. Soooo weird.
SO ANYWAY, here’s a list of lessons I’ve come across during my lengthy 21 years of life. They may not be anything new or amazing or poetically deep, but they’ve definitely been life changing. At least for me (obviously).
- It’s ok if you don’t look like everyone else.
- You don’t have to have your whole life figured out by the time you’re 18.
- Don’t think for a second that nobody loves you.
- Most of the cute boys in high school that pay no attention to you become sleazy after graduation.
- YOU NEED YOUR GIRL FRIENDS. None of that girls are too much drama bullshit. Some things dudes don’t get.
- Life never goes as planned.
- Being optimistic is actually really hard… but actually really worth it.
- Never burn any bridges. The more connections you have in general, the better.
- If there’s only one thing you can do, do your eyebrows.
- Dream big, but be realistic. You’re not gonna magically be successful in 3 days.
- People in your life will leave. No drama, no bad feelings.
- Nobody else is gonna make your life better for you. Only you have that power.
- Know who you are on your own. Don’t let being in a relationship define who you are. There’s more to yourself than that.
- The people you surround yourself with really does have an impact on your life.
- Friendship is a two way street. When there’s effort put in, there needs to be effort received.
- It’s exhausting to care so much about someone that doesn’t give a damn about you.
- 6 shots of tequila is most likely a very bad idea.
- “Just chuck it in the fuck it bucket and move on”.
- Say yes.
- Your body will look different at 20 than it did at 15. It’s alright. Do you boo boo.
- As long as you’re trying to be the very best person you could ever be, God loves you and he accepts you and he will always be there to guide the way. Don’t let ANYBODY tell you that your relationship with Him is fake just because you don’t live exactly word for word by the book. Your relationship is special and very real.
If you asked me 5 years ago where I’d be, it’s definitely not where I am right now. There’s so much in life I still have yet to do.. but I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished so far. I would be nothing without the love and support of my family and friends in everything I do. I love you guys and I swear I’ll make ya’ll proud of me.
Monday through Wednesday, at 4:30PM until 5:30PM is happy hour at one of my favourite nearby sushi places, Sushi Thai. All rolls of sushi except for 2 (the Stanley Cup roll and the Chicago Bears roll, I believe) are half off, which is a damn good deal. This past Tuesday, I brought along Uriel and Uriel’s little sister, Isabel.
We arrived back in Manila very, very early in the morning. The next morning, we decided to visit the Mall of Asia which I think is the biggest mall in Asia!
Mangoes for breakfast everyday and waiting for the rest of my family, lol. Continue reading
If you know me, you know for a not-so-brief period in time, I was quite fond of One Direction. Actually I’m still in love with One Direction.. Just not as much as I was in 2012 (my fellow 1D Fans know that was the best time to be in love with One Direction, am I right?!). I swear this ties into the topic. The boys, particularly Niall Horan, are big fans of Nandos Peri-Peri. Within the past couple of months, they’ve managed to open, not just one location in Chicago, but two and I’ve been absolutely dying to go. So since Uriel and I were going to be heading down there to see one of his friends perform, I couldn’t wait any longer! Continue reading