It doesn’t take a genius to realize the 70’s are back in full force. While most have been taking a more bohemian approach, I love DVF’s very colorful, flirty, and girlish approach! The dewy, glowy skin and the turquoise and green eyes added to the playful appeal of the whole collection.
If you follow me on Twitter (if you don’t, what are you waiting for?), you might know that I started a new job and I have to leave my house by 6AM every morning. Being the unprepared mess that I am in the mornings (and ONLY in the mornings… I’m borderline neurotic about being prepared 75% of the time) I almost never wake up early enough to grab breakfast. So what did I do? I went to Einstein Bros’ Bagels almost every morning for a Berry Goodbess bagel topper.
Alright, well obviously it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to make your own bagel topper and when I realized I was being set back 4 dollars every morning, I decided to stop being a hot mess (alright, not completely, but we’ll get there). ANYWAY.. here’s how to make your own downright delicious Berry Goodness bagel topper:
- Bagel (duh) I use whole wheat bagel thins! I find that with all the toppings, I get pretty full already.
- Einstein Bros’ Strawberry Shmear
- Bear Naked Honey Almond granola
- Madhava Organic Honey
- Cut up Strawberries or any fruit you desire. I used a banana as I didn’t have any strawberries.
This is something that you can easily make your own as you can come up with tons of different yummy options!
Can we talk about this Madhava Organic Honey though? Honestly, I hate honey, especially that regular kind that comes in your standard teddy bear bottle. I don’t know what it is, but the taste grosses me out. Maybe it’s the overwhelming amount of artificial sweetener. Whatever it is, it’s nasty. I’ve found though that with organic honey, I like the taste a lot better and I definitely LOVE this honey.
What’s your go-to breakfast?
Thanks for reading! Until next time,
I was recently nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Valerie of Avec Valerie (pssssst.. Check her blog out, she is awesome!) So shout out to her, thank you so much for thinking of me, it means a lot!
Let’s do this thing.
Link the blogger who took the time to nominate you. List seven random things about yourself. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers. Notify the blogger that you nominated their blog for the award.
7 Random Things About Myself:
- I started wearing false lashes my junior year of high school after using them during all star cheer competitions.
- I’m the only one in my immediate family born in the USA. Both of my parents and my older sister were born in the Philippines.
- I LOVE those little kid fruit pouches like Go-Go Squeezes. I eat one everyday lol.
- I met my boyfriend at the end of my junior year in high school and we didn’t even become friends until 2 years later.
- I almost never go anywhere without looking up reviews. Yelp is my BFF.
- I understand Filipino (Tagalog), but I can’t speak it fluently.
- I only own one pair of jeans.
(I cheated a little.. I only have 5 bloggers to nominate! But they’re goodies!)
Ever since I was a little kid, I longed to have a dog to call my own. When I was 18, that dream finally came true and I adopted my very first puppy pal. My Harlow is a beagle lab and has taught me more about responsibility than I have in the previous 18 years of life. She’s now almost 3 years old and is joined by Ball$ (yes.. That’s his name lol), Uriel and I’s Boston terrier. I always knew having a dog would be fun, but I never knew how much having dogs would change my life. Having dogs now, I’ve become well aware of the horrors of animal abuse and consider myself an advocate for animal rights. So if you’re a dog owner or you’re even just an animal lover in general, I encourage you to take the time today in honor of National Dog Day to donate to your local animal shelters/rescues! Whether it’s your time (most rescues and shelters are volunteer based, so they love all the help they can get!) or its in the form of resources or money, all of it helps! Here are a couple of foundations/rescues that are personal favorites of mine:
- PAWS Chicago
- Trio Animal Foundation
- Center for Animal Research and Education (CARE)
- Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue
- Midwest BREW (Beagle Rescue, Education, and Welfare)
- Reach Rescue, inc.
- Beagle Freedom Project
If you are able to give your time, check out Volunteer Match to see what shelters near you need help!